Moonroof vs. Sunroof: What’s the Difference?
While most people use the terms sunroof and moonroof interchangeably, there is a difference between each one. A sunroof is a panel made of glass or metal installed in the roof of a car, truck, or SUV. It can slide open or pop up to allow light and air into the cabin. How is it different from a moonroof? A moonroof is usually a clear or tinted glass panel that slides between the roof and the headliner, and usually, it can tilt open if you would like fresh air. No matter which option is available for your particular make and model, both can help you enjoy the beautiful outdoors of Madison.
What Are Panoramic Roof Systems?
There are a couple of different types of sunroofs and moonroofs. A few examples are:
One of the most popular is the panoramic roof. This is often an available option on several mainstream models, or as a standard feature for some luxury cars. Panoramic roofs come with multiple panels in the roof that are either operable or fixed. Because of this, front and rear passengers are able to open their panel to let in fresh air and sunlight.
Used Vehicles with a Sunroof or Moonroof
At Burtness Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, you can find a variety of pre-owned cars, trucks, SUVs, and minivans that feature a sunroof, moonroof, or panoramic roof. With so many options available, it’s easy to find a sunroof/moonroof-equipped vehicle that meets your needs and budget. Some used vehicles to keep an eye out for include:
- Honda – Many used Honda models feature a power/tilt moonroof. You can find this feature in the Accord, Civic, CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, and Ridgeline.
- Lexus – A power tilt/slide moonroof can be found on select models of the Lexus ES, GX, LX, and RX.
- Acura – The Acura MDX, RDX, TLX, and TSX models can be outfitted with a power moonroof.
- Mercedes-Benz – Used Mercedes models, like the C-Class sedan, may come with a power tilt/slide tinted glass sunroof. A sliding and tilting glass sunroof with sunshade is available for the E-Class, and a panoramic moonroof can be found in the S-Class.
- Toyota – Look for models such as the Rav4, Land Cruiser, and Highlander if you are searching for a vehicle with a power tilt/slide moonroof. For a panoramic 2-panel moonroof, shop for a used Camry.
- Chevrolet – A used Chevy Suburban with sunroof, or a used Equinox with a panoramic power sunroof, are two additional options you may find on our lot.
Test Drive a Quality Used Car with a Moonroof in Whitewater!
If you’re ready to get behind the wheel of a high-quality used vehicle with a sunroof, power moonroof, or panoramic roof, look no further than Burtness Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. We have a plethora of options available near Milwaukee. Once you’ve found a vehicle that catches your attention, be sure to take it for a spin. Contact us today with any questions.
More From Burtness Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
With five different Jeep Wrangler trims available for 2019, Burtness Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram guarantees there’s a Jeep Wrangler model perfect for every driver. This well-loved, off-road-capable SUV is extremely popular among Madison and Janesville drivers, and each configuration includes different features and performance specs that make it one of Jeep’s most awarded vehicles. From the base-level Wrangler Sport…
Your 2019 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity can be as much as 3,500 pounds when the SUV is properly equipped. The maximum towing capacity is the same no matter if you choose the 2.0L turbocharged engine or the 3.6L Pentastar V6. With this much towing power available, you don’t have to worry about hauling bulky items…
The RAM 1500 trim levels strike just the right blend of practicality and luxury, so any driver can find a perfect match within the lineup. From the interior amenities to the performance features, take a closer look at the standout qualities of the RAM 1500 trims below. RAM 1500 Inventory Tradesman Starting off the RAM…