All-New RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, the All-New 2019 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns this light-duty truck a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Completely redesigned for 2019, the RAM 1500 offers greater capabilities and improved fuel efficiency over the 2018 RAM 1500. Discover how the improved towing and specs of the 2019 RAM 1500 get you ready for your Milwaukee worksite below.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Drivers can choose from three engines on the All-New RAM 1500, each that bring their own unique performance capabilities to the table. Each engine gets paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Specs for each engine are as follows:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the configuration, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
The 2019 RAM 1500 doesn’t rely on stark engine power alone for its impressive towing capabilities. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to help you tow your trailer or equipment through Madison:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Combined with the eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission helps the RAM 1500 earn up to an EPA estimates 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Experience greater stopping power on Janesville roads with the 14.9-inch featured on the RAM 1500.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Maximize Your Towing Power With the 2019 RAM 1500
Want to know more about 2019 RAM 1500 interior features? If so, feel free to contact us at Burtness Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Ready to move forward with buying or leasing? Get the process started by applying for financing online, and then discuss your options with our finance team.
More About RAM 1500 Features
The RAM 1500 trim levels strike just the right blend of practicality and luxury, so any driver can find a perfect match within the lineup. From the interior amenities to the performance features, take a closer look at the standout qualities of the RAM 1500 trims below. RAM 1500 Inventory Tradesman Starting off the RAM…
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, the All-New 2019 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns this light-duty truck a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Completely redesigned for 2019, the RAM 1500 offers greater capabilities and improved fuel efficiency over the 2018 RAM 1500. Discover how…
The all new 2019 RAM 1500 delivers the robust performance that is perfect for Madison job sites or off-road adventures. With its class-exclusive features and capabilities, this rugged pickup truck has the power to get the job done. Explore the RAM 1500 performance specs at Burtness Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. View Inventory Learn More Power and Capability 3.6L Pentastar…